Feeble BMX FEEBLEBMX.COM Logo

Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome!
Freestyle BMX Is Fricken Awesome! BMX NewsBMX ForumBMX PhotosBC SkateparksBMX Videos
TAG WALL +-
STATUS +-
SESSIONATOR +-
NEWS +-
FORUM +-
PHOTOS +-
BCPARKS +-
BROKENVCR +-
LINKS +-
FBMX BMX Forum
Try not to be an asshole.
Home | User list | Rules | Search | Register | Login

You are not logged in.
FBMX BMX Forum / BC Parks / Abbotsford Moderated by mattesque  
Author
Message Pages:  1 2
j
Administrator

Here's a panorama shot of the Abbotsford park.

Description:
Ahhhh the Abbotsford park, or as most of the locals have come to call it Abby. As you park your vehicle or not, and enter the park you find yourself on a large flat area with a grind ledge on each side, these have kinda become seating benches as you will find. Head a bit farther in and you are presented with a five foot wedge including two stem height ledges. Just to the right of the ledges is a stem height rail that goes down three stairs and ends in another wedge. If you head down the five foot wedge you will come across a two foot tall launch to launch with a five foot deck. There is a rail and ledge combined in the launch to launch. Come to the other side and there is another five foot wedge with a sub box type thing incorporated into a hip. That's pretty much the bulk of the park around the outskirts is a bunch of miniature rails and ledges of all sorts of shapes and sizes.

If you are expecting to come to this park and ride with a bunch of local bikers, then you are going to the wrong park. Bikers hardly ever frequent this park partially because of the lack of big jumps and partially because of the high number of skaters. There are skaters here almost 24 - 7. Lots of them. Don't take this in a negative way though this park is still a lot of fun.

Directions:
From Highway # 1 take Sumas Way exit north. Keep on heading north on Sumas Way untill you reach the exit for Old Yale Road. Take the exit for Old Yale Road you can only head in one direction so follow that road untill you reach McMillan Rec Center. Pull into the parking lot and head to the east end of the parking lot near the curling rink. After that if you cant find the park then ask someone for directions because its right there.

3 foot quarter pipe with coping.

Mini tit with some ledges and stuff.

Yet another view of the park.

Submitted By: Dallas

Jun. 17, 2005 3:10 PM

cheech

tons of skaters, on a sunny after noon 50+ can be seen there, really smooth ledges, good smooth trannies, nothing bigger then 4 feet though

Jun. 22, 2005 12:15 PM
seth
Drunk

yeah the ledges are only thing thats fun there

Jun. 23, 2005 1:47 AM

jasper
Vertbiker

$200,000 waste of concrete

Jul. 10, 2005 12:32 PM

cheech13

hardly a waste rated one of the best parks in bc, of course by skaters, but lately i have been goin there and i have really started to like it

Jul. 10, 2005 8:08 PM
seth
Drunk

i don't mind going there from time to time but i have to be in the right nood

Jul. 10, 2005 10:13 PM

jasper
Vertbiker

yeah a stoned nood

Jul. 10, 2005 11:53 PM

seth
Drunk

jesus i'm a good speller. oh yeah don't go there when the high school is out for lunch, its packed

Jul. 13, 2005 2:04 AM

fish
Local

isnt there a shrine for a skater that was killed in a car crash at that park ? and why does the mayor says its graffiti and vandalism? Clearly the mayor is a total douche.

Jul. 13, 2005 11:43 PM
Website  
jasper
Vertbiker

the mayor is a super christan

Jul. 13, 2005 11:57 PM

seth
Drunk

yeah i think she burnt down fenigans so i couldn't drink after classe, stupid bible thumper wants everyone to go to bed at 9 at night. probably gonna ban alcohol and dancing and anything else that could be seen as fun

Jul. 14, 2005 12:20 AM

Desson#1
Bmxkelowna

I like that park, its nothing like what i normally ride, but fun to flow, by the way, ive always riden that park in the dark fro some reason?

Jul. 14, 2005 12:23 AM
E-mail | Website  
seth
Drunk

it is because in the day there are hundreds of tight pant wearing skaters there and they don't have lights so unless you like waking up in the morning you have ride it at night if you don't want to be snaked like its going out of style

Jul. 14, 2005 12:30 AM

seth
Drunk

just incase you don't read the shitty abbostford papers the city is thinking about installing lights so skaters can now be there morning noon and night effectively ruining any chance i have to ride that place in peace.

Jul. 24, 2005 3:11 AM

jasper
Vertbiker

if you go there any time of the day and pedal your ass off no less than full speed skaters WILL move and if they dont they will feel your bars up their ass and then they WILL move

Jul. 24, 2005 11:02 AM

cheech

jasper wrote:

if you go there any time of the day and pedal your ass off no less than full speed skaters WILL move and if they dont they will feel your bars up their ass and then they WILL move

and that is why bikers are hated, thanks

Aug. 03, 2005 3:15 PM
jasper
Vertbiker

lol

Aug. 03, 2005 8:23 PM

MstrBssr
Postman Pat

bikers are hated because its just the general attituted skaters get... they are all like zebes one doesnt like a biker and they all gang up man... the other day some kid who was about 12 on a skateboard said to me biking is ghey why do u bike get off the skatepark... i thought to myself i could punch him in the face or just swallow it and you know what i just laughed and kept on riding... there's nothing you can do aobut it man juts suck it  up

Aug. 10, 2005 2:29 AM

native1
being native

well that park sucks ass nuthin to do there i would rather just go to normal rails and do them if i ever decided to  also some sk8ers there are rad kids but the other are dicks and the only thing i woudl wanna do there is try and tailwhip down the set to the bank so it would be a waste of time for that park and i would rather go to mouat

Jan. 23, 2006 9:19 PM

ben**bmxer**
muhahahaha

i think thers good lines there to do ..if u like grinding and tech stuff...
best tiime to go is during school.hehehe

Feb. 13, 2006 12:21 PM
Pages:  1 2    
Jump to